We have named this research unit after him in honor for his services to the people of Goroka & Eastern Highlands Province. The role of this research unit is to search for cost-effective ways to manage the common surgical problems we see here. In other words, using minimal resources & manpower, we would like to achieve the maximum and/or optimum results or outcome.
Some of the research fields & applications are:
1. Sclerotherapy of Ranulas & Plunging Ranulas as a Day Case (without admission to the wards; treated only in the clinic)
2. Sclerotherapy of Hydrocoele as a Day Case
3. Sclerotherapy of Ganglionic Cysts as a Day Case
4. Sclerotherapy of Hemorrhoids as a Day Case
5. Sclerotherapy of Varicose Veins as a Day Case
6. Dermabrassion for facial rejuvenation & acquired, superficial dermal pigmentations etc.
7. Cost-Effective Hemostatic Agent for out of Hospital Use
There is also a library with Internet & a computer for patient records.